Top 4 Heavenly Superfood Treats to Woo Your Valentine!
It doesn’t matter whether you hate this time of the year or you wait for it with bated breath (hardly anybody does), Valentine’s Day is again upon us! So what have you planned for this year? Is it gonna be a dozen roses, popping a 1974 bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, laying down some delicious charcuterie ? Or are you the duo who detest the Valentine’s day shenanigans and plan to binge on the last season of YOU, cozy up, and order in?! Both sound much adorable!
We at Vahdam have mixed feelings about Valentine’s too and we simply couldn’t agree on whether to curate a traditional Valentine’s spread or just keep it cazh. But we all agreed on doing something unique this year which would make this day appealing to one and all, the Valentine grinches, the indifferent sallys, the perennially over-the-moon couple and literally every one!
When we say ‘Treats’, one doesn’t necessarily attach the words ‘Healthy’ and ‘Superfood’ to it. But why not? Life deserves all things sweet and sinful, but we can’t turn a blind eye to our health. Let’s be realistic, our lives today are a mix of chaos, urban pollution, cramming a lot into a single day ; so we all need a little help with our health. Yes, we know the first response to that is physical exercise and just moving around. But we aren’t here on Valentine’s day to give you a discourse on the importance of physical exercise and leading a healthy lifestyle. That’s for another day! Today, we look at a fabulous line of Vahdam’s in-house Superfood Treats, where we combine our superfood elixirs and our healthiest of teas with a variety of wholesome, nutritious ingredients and deliver a sumptuous line of tasty treats which are not only heavenly delicious and sinful, but also power your health with superfood nutrition!
So buckle in love-heads, let’s get right to it!
Golden Cocoa Overnight Oats Bowl
Let’s power your Valentine’s day with a bowl of wholesome love, fresh fruits, nuts, overnight oats, and the star ingredient that will not only bring this magic together and upgrade it to a superfood bowl - Our Turmeric Cocoa Superfood Elixir.
Gratify your senses and perk-up your mood with our guilt-free superfood elixir, fortified with superfood Turmeric, the calming properties of Ashwagandha, and artisanal Cocoa. Our Turmeric Cocoa elixir offers wholesome nutrition, alleviates stress, and uplifts your mood. Perfect for a great start to your Valentine’s day plans!
Prep for the Night before :
- Rolled Oats : ½ a cup
- Nut milk or a low-fat milk of your choice : ½ cup
- Vahdam’s Turmeric Cocoa Superfood Elixir - Maple Syrup : 1 Teaspoon
- Salt : a pinch
Take a large breakfast cereal bowl and mix ½ cup of rolled oats with ½ cup of milk, and a packet of the Turmeric Cocoa elixir. Add a teaspoon of Maple syrup and a pinch of salt and mix it well. Keep the mixture covered in the refrigerator for the night and it should be ready to be plated in the morning.
Ingredients for Plating the bowl :
- Blueberries : a handful of them
- Black currants : handful of them
- Strawberries : 5-6 diced in Half
- Sliced almonds : 5-6
- Edible flowers : A few petals
- Fresh mint : A few sprigs
Take our the overnight, refrigerated Turmeric Cocoa oats and start plating. Put in the sliced almonds in the oats and start layering with black currants, blueberries, and strawberry slices on one side of the bowl. Garnish with mint and edible flowers. If you like it a little sweeter, you can also drizzle some honey on it! Now polish it away!
Hibiscus Rush Garden Cocktail
A quintessential American favorite, Iced Teas are always welcome! Yes, we know you plan to kick back in the evening with a bottle of Merlot, but here’s a recipe for some fruity goodness to cruise through the day. Relish one of our trailblazing blends, the Hibiscus Rush Herbal Tea Tisane. A delectable motley of fruits like Orange, Guava, Pomegranate, Cranberry, with a touch of cardamom blended with robust, malty Assam Black Tea, and with the goodness of fresh Hibiscus petals ! Now isn’t that a party in a glass?
Now we added a few extras to this already ethereal iced tea and this would undoubtedly become a V-Day tradition y’all!
- Vahdam’s Hibiscus Rush Herbal Tea Tisane : 2 grams (1 Teaspoon)
- London dry gin : 2 ounces
- Lemon juice : 1 ounce
- Strawberries : 2 berries sliced in half
- Tonic water : 1 teaspoon
- Water : 200ml
- Lemon wedges : 2
- Mint : A few sprigs
- Ice cubes
1. Brew the Hibiscus tea in 200 ml of water for 3-5 mins & strain.
2. Add the sugar to the tea.
3. Take a cocktail shaker and add the gin, lemon juice, tonic water, and the brewed tea to it.
4. Shale rigorously and add to a cocktail glass.
5. Garnish with lemon slices, sliced strawberries and mint sprigs. Enjoy!
Kashmiri Green Tea Pink Chai
Also called a ‘Noon Chai’, don’t confuse the ‘noon’ here to be a time of the day, but it refers to the kashmiri word for ‘salt’. Yes, the traditional chai has a slight salted taste, along with a delicious creamy, sweet, nutty, rich and buttery taste! In addition to this, we have also added the goodness of our Himalayan Green Tea to it ! But the best part of this cup is the alluring pink color that it dons. So let’s get straight to it.
- Vahdam’s Organic Himalayan Green Tea : 2 Teaspoons
- Salt (any salt of your choice ) : a pinch
- Water : 200 ml
- Milk (any nut milk of your choice) : 100 ml
- Cardamom powder : ½ teaspoon
- Baking soda : ¼ teaspoon ( for the gorgeous pink color)
- Sugar : as per taste
- Sliced almonds or pistachios : 5-6
1. Take 200 ml of water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil
2. Add the green tea, baking soda, and cardamom powder to it.
3. Let it boil for a good 8-10 minutes or until the water becomes half.
4. Keep stirring and shaking the brew with a lade continuously. This helps to thicken the brew.
5. Add the desired quantity of sugar and a pinch of salt to it.
6. Add the milk to the brew and let it boil for another 10 minutes.
7. All this while, keep stirring and shaking the brew.
8. Pour the thick brew into cups and garnish with sliced almonds or pistachios. Enjoy!
Valentine’s Golden Fudge Balls
Are you obsessed with Turmeric yet ? if not, we shall keep bombarding you with splendid recipes that bring you the world of great health benefits that turmeric has to offer. For Valentine’s day, we wanted you to indulge in a guilt-free, quintessential holiday dessert - Fudge Balls! So we brought in our best-selling, brand new offering for this recipe, the Turmeric Cocoa Superfood Elixir. Made with artisanal cocoa and the goodness of premium Indian turmeric, this elixir offers a luscious bountiful cup.
So let’s board the flava express!
- Vahdam’s Turmeric Cocoa Superfood Elixir : 1 sachet
- Sliced almonds : 1 cup
- Sliced pistachios : 10
- Honey : ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract : 1/4th teaspoon
- Melted white chocolate : 1 cup
- Strawberry candies : 10
1. In a large bowl, take the sliced almonds and add the Turmeric cocoa elixir to it.
2. Add in the honey and mix all the ingredients properly.
3. Add the vanilla extract and mix well for 3-5 minutes.
4. Take a strawberry jello and roll the mixture around the candy, making a ball.
5. After making all the fudge balls, keep them in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
6. Coat the golden fudge balls with the melted white chocolate.
7. Garnish immediately with the sliced pistachios. Enjoy!
So with these four fabulous recipes, you can brew your beloved the gift of good health, finger-licking delicious flavors, and also some lasting love! So chuck those cliche plans which have been cashed enough for generations and go an extra mile to show your partner that you truly do care and cherish them! It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a romantic partner or a paramour, but take this day to celebrate those who truly hold some meaning in your life and bring you great joy!
On behalf of the Vahdam family, I wish you a very Happy Valentine’s Day.
The Answer is Always, Love.
Connect at : firstname.lastname@example.org