Turmeric or golden spice is known as a superfood for good reasons. There are so many ways to consume this ‘magic’ spice, and as a tea, it has wide-ranging benefits. There is turmeric tea for weight loss/fitness and those that have benefits for the skin, turmeric tea to reduce inflammation or fight a cold, turmeric tea as a recipe to soothe a sore throat or relieve a bloated feeling – and so many more benefits. Is it surprising then that today Turmeric Tea is one of the top items on prudent shopping lists!
Turmeric Tea is a warm, soothing, bright yellow-orange colored drink that is packed with antioxidants that boost immunity and elevate gut health. Experts believe that given the benefits of Turmeric Tea, it should become part of our everyday health routine. The great news is that there are a wide variety of combinations and ingredients that can be added to this tea, to suit every palate. The favorite pairings with Turmeric are lemon, honey, black pepper, basil, and many more such power-packed ingredients that are guaranteed to help you stay healthy all year round. Turmeric alone has scientifically proven health benefits such as the potential to prevent heart disease and Alzheimer’s, and even cancer.
6 Turmeric Tea Recipes
Those who have discovered the benefits of turmeric tea will tell you how much they enjoy consuming it without any additions. However, for the first-timers, customizing your turmeric cuppa will add to the fun and give you an additional range of benefits.
1. Turmeric Tea with the addition of ground black pepper and other spices, helps the body to absorb the powerful antioxidant compound curcumin that is present in Turmeric. This nutritious and tasty tea can be had at any time of the day.
2. Adding freshly squeezed lemon juice brightens and adds a citrus pop to Turmeric tea, leaving your palate tingling and you with a rejuvenated feeling.
3. For those who need that touch of sweetness, you could add honey or maple syrup, or even jaggery to your healthy cup of Turmeric Tea.
4. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon to your prepared Turmeric tea for a more robust and toasty feel, especially in the cold winter months. Drink up as you snuggle in the cozy ‘arms’ of your blanket.
5. Turmeric tea tastes even better with a pinch of ground cloves and maple syrup. Adjust these ingredients as per your taste, and sip a healthy cup.
6. To calm yourself, try adding a few sprigs of fresh mint or lemongrass to your healthy turmeric tea – this addition will elevate your body energy levels even as your mind feels calmer.
How Much Turmeric Tea Should One Consume?
Before including, reducing, or increasing any ingredient into your diet, it is always advisable to check with your doctor, especially if you have any medical conditions. Based on available reports and research, the daily intake of turmeric depends on whether you are trying to alleviate symptoms of or treat a particular medical condition. Most research conducted on adults show that about 500-600 milligrams of pure turmeric thrice a day is safe. Buy turmeric tea blends to enjoy the benefits without the hassle of peeling and grating or cutting fresh turmeric, and even to avoid the health hassles of store bought powdered turmeric.
Turmeric as a spice has been around for ages because of its ‘superpowers’ that aid healing and strengthening the body to fight possible ill health conditions. While most Indian homes use turmeric in cooking, the most convenient and tasty way to consistently consume ‘curcumin’ is through tea and blends containing nutritious ingredients. Don’t forget the fun ‘twists’ you can add to your turmeric tea. Connect with us for more fun and palate tingling turmeric (and other) tea blends. Here’s to health!
Stay Well Steeped
Be a part of the Wellness Tribe and enjoy exclusive benefits